I use no capital letters when using the word devil, lucifer, or satan. He doesn’t merit it.
This is my response to a comment I received recently which said that satan runs the world.
The church has taught us that the devil himself runs the affairs of earth. This is a lie. This is a false teaching. Oh yes, it may appear to be true, but it is only a deception.
I said, “satan doesn’t run me, and he has absolutely no power or authority over anything upon the Earth, neither above it or below it.”
But, like a criminal, he does operate through people who have rejected Christ.. because they are his children. They are doing illegal acts, but have no authority or right whatsoever to do so.
Just like a criminal that will break the law and steal your car, satan can deceive people and create mayhem in the earth.
But let’s get it straight, he runs nothing, he owns nothing, he has nothing, and he can do nothing. Any effect or influence he musters, is powerless, and illegal.
He has no authority.
How do I know this, you ask? Read this scripture below from the Bible.
Mark 16:14-18 The Great Commission
16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
17And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Here’s my question, If Jesus said He has been given ‘ALL POWER in heaven and in earth…’, ( vs 18) , then how much is left over for the devil? The answer is easy, none.
Satan has no power or authority. Nada. None. It’s simple math, but many uninstructed “Christians” run around giving him all kinds of credit, claiming “He’s gonna get ya”.
These are very ignorant and misled people, who ought to read their Bibles.
Satan, who is the driving influence of all evil, is not legit. He has no authority, no dominion. He is the father of all lies.
He comes only to steal kill and destroy. He goes around looking for someone he can destroy. Can he touch you?
Here’s how it works out.
1) God made Adam, the first man on Earth) and gave him dominion over all the earth. (Gen 2) That means man ran ‘everything’- all the animal life – all the weather – all the plant life – all the sea life – all.
In the Greek, ‘all’ means ‘all’.
2) Then satan (no caps for him) deceived Eve and Adam, bringing into question God’s Word. They disobeyed the only rule God had given, “don’t eat the fruit of THAT tree”.
By not trusting what God had said, mankind opened the door to the lies and deception of satan. That’s when the trouble began.
(Note to self – Trust God in all things!)
3) Then after 2,000 years of the great prophets telling everyone that a Saviour would come, God found a righteous woman (though she wasn’t perfect), and Jesus was born.
Jesus was the first half-breed. Half human, and half God.
Jesus was born of the will of God, not of the will of a man.
4) Then after three years of incredible teaching, preaching, and miracles, Jesus at age 33, got tortured and crucified, nailed to a wooden cross, even though they found him totally innocent or any crime.
He was bruised for our iniquity. He took our judgement on his own body, and suffered our punishment.
Satan had inspired the authorities and the people to turn against him and murder him and figured he was pretty smart by doing this. But oh what a foolish mistake, for it was the defeat of his rule over mankind.
5) Jesus was the exact representation of God in the flesh (Hebrews), and he was the perfect sacrifice to pay for all the sins of mankind, past present and even future. When they cut him, His blood ran out into the earth, and washed away every sin.
6) Jesus set us free from sin, free from the lust that surged in our flesh, free from the demand of a sinful nature that made us selfish and greedy and self centered.
For all who believe on Jesus, they get translated out of darkness – into His glorious light the very moment they become born again.
Those that refuse to believe (cause believing is a choice) are already condemned.
John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
7) Now all who believe in Jesus as the only true Messiah, are set free from all sin and get everything that Paul talks about in Ephesians. We are no longer condemned by the sin of Adam, and we are washed clean of all our own mistakes forever!
8) We are called Saints, whoa! We are called blameless before God! We are called the adopted sons of God! We have become joint heirs with Christ and have received all spiritual blessings!
We are now seated with Christ in heavenly places at the right hand of God.
9) We rule with Christ! Timothy 2:12
Dominion over all the earth has been restored to us! So no, Satan DOES NOT RULE THE EARTH any longer. Jesus kicked his ass! Satan is a pathetic, defeated, gutless, powerless foe, and he is under our feet. Squish squash!
Although it is true that many oligarchs in the world worship satan, they have no power over true believers. So, pray against them, and their evil actions, and they shall fall.
Eph 1;19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
10) We share the completed authority of God on this earth now through Christ. Jesus reconciled us to God. We are children of the Light and children of the day! We have total authority over ever scrawny demonic imp on the earth.
If you have a friend, even a non believer, who is oppressed by demons, you can speak to his personal demon, be-it alcoholism or perversion or any deviance, and tell it to get out and go back to hell. That demonic spirit will shake in its little boots, pee his little pants, and obey you, (It must obey), if you are a real follower of Christ.
11) If you have a friend with a cancer, you can speak to the cancer… “Cancer, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I command you to LEAVE THIS BODY NOW!
I have personally seen many cancers flee. I have seen M.S. demons flee as well, and heart disease and diabetes etc etc. How does this occur? Jesus flows His power through real believers.
A) Satan is an amazing liar. He’s good at it, but if you know WHO you are in Christ, what you HAVE in Christ, and what you CAN DO in Christ, you are untouchable.
But what you don’t know, can hurt you.
B) Satan like Hillary Clinton, is persistent. If you are a true believer, you must be diligent to study the Word of God and be a doer of the Word, and work together with other true believers to stay on your toes. This IS a war. The bullets you need, are the Word of God.
12) If you don’t know who you are in Christ, if you don’t know what you’ve got in Christ, and if you don’t understand what you can do in Christ, then the devil could eat your lunch, and pop the bag, with his lies.
13) So get to work learning. Seek the Lord, Ask the Lord, Knock on the door of the Lord. He who seeks shall find, he who asks shall receive, and he who knocks will have doors opened to him.
14) But he who sits on a pew (like a bench warmer in a football club) and does nothing, he will find nothing, he will receive nothing, and he will go nowhere.
15) No coasting or resting on your laurels. This life of the True Believer that I speak of, is not for the lazy man.
When you get up in the morning, you’ve got to greet the day knowing that you are a child of God, and that you have His work to do. You’ll be busy DOING what the Word commands.
You’ll be healing the sick, casting out devils, raising the dead, and preaching the Gospel.
WOOHOO! It’s all super exciting.
Now GO, get out there, and “BE JESUS TO THE WORLD!”